Understanding Funds Page & Its Details5 min read
Funds Page helps a customer to know how much balance he has for trading / investing, what is the breakup of the same. how much funds he can withdraw on a given day, and many other details. Let’s understand the description of each field, how they are calculated and how do we arrive at the values.
1. Current Balance (Available for Investing).
Available For Investing = [ Opening Balance + Adding New Funds + 80% of Sell Value for that Day (SEBI Rule) – Executed order value – Pending order value – Booked & Unbooked Losses – Overnight Positions Margins (Any F&O Position) – Intraday Booked Profit on T-1 Day ]
This is a real-time number that tells you how much amount you have available for investing / trading at a given time.
- Its value gets impacted by adding new funds, taking any new position, placing a pending order, selling existing holdings from the portfolio, etc
- The value gets updated in real-time as and when a transaction takes place
- Intraday Profits if any is added to the amount by end of the day
- Brokerage and other charges are subtracted from the Available for Investing Amount by End of the day.
Some more information to help you understand the Terminologies better:
|Balance post-settlement on a previous working day
|New Funds Added
|Any funds added via UPI or Net banking today
|Funds added due to Stocks Sold
|Only 80% of Sell Value of Stocks Sold for that Day, the remaining 20% gets added after settlement i.e. T+2 day
|Executed order value
|Value of an order executed on Paytm Application, For e.g. if you buy 10 RIL @ Rs. 2000 each then Executed Order Value = Rs. 20000.
|Pending order value
|Value of an order that remains pending (unexecuted) on Paytm Application, For e.g. if you place a sell order of 10 HDFC Bank @ Rs.1500 each then Pending Order Value = Rs. 15000.
|If you have bought 10 RIL @Rs. 2000 and sell the same in Intraday @ Rs. 1900 then your booked loss amount = Rs. 100 *10 = Rs. 1000.
|Overnight Positions Margins
|Customer trading in F&O needs to maintain margins on his positions. For E.g. If I have 1 lot of Nifty Future, Total Value of Nifty Future = 75 * 15000 (Future Price) = Rs. 1125000. Margin required to carry forward Nifty Future is 25% then Overnight Positions Margins = Rs. 281250. If you have 3 open overnight positions then the sum of all three positions margins will be Overnight Positions Margins.
2. Opening Cash Balance:
- This is the amount available in your account at the beginning of the day and remains the same throughout the day.
- It is updated every night for the next day. The timing is from 9 PM to 12 Am in ideal scenarios.
3. Withdraw Funds (Amount to Withdraw):
- This is the amount that you can withdraw on a given day.
- The amount gets updated if you buy a new position, add a pending order, or even make losses on Intraday.
- Funds from shares sold are available for withdrawal after 2 working days
- The figure gets updated in real-time on the basis of positions, trades & loss incurred on a trading day.
- Intraday Profits will be added to Withdraw Balance only after T+2 days (actual settlement) done.
Funds Details Page Fields:
4. Realised Profit:
- The amount signifies Profit arising from any positions closed by you today.
- This gets added to Available for Investing and Withdraw Balance once the same is realized.
- This is very important for a customer to understand, as this change was introduced by SEBI where any profits arising from Intraday trades will be added in customer balance only once it’s realized. If you make profits on trade on Monday (T-Day) then credit for that profit in your account will be available on Wednesday (T+2) day.
5. Unrealised Profit:
- This value signifies the Mark-to-market profit for your open positions (today + Carryforward)
- This amount is only for representation and the same is not added to your account balance until it’s realized.
6. Pending Orders:
- Funds are blocked for the orders not completely executed.
- Suppose you have placed a pending order for Rs. 10000 and the same is not executed yet, still your Available for Investing and Withdraw Balance is reduced by Rs. 10000. Once you cancel the same it will get added to your Investing and Withdraw balance.
7. Open Positions:
- Your open positions in Equity or Futures & options are the ones that are executed and not squared off.
- Funds are blocked for your open positions and the same will be reduced from the available for investing and Withdraw balances.
8. Option Short Premium:
- If you sell any Option Contract you receive the premium of the sale amount in your account.
- This value signifies the total amount you have received by selling options.
- Please note that this amount will not be available for investing or withdrawal.
- Once you square off your position the same will be adjusted and made available in your Available for Investing or withdrawal amount depending on whether you have squared the position in profits.
9. Option Long Premium:
- This amount signifies the Total amount you have paid to purchase options.
- The amount gets debited from your Investing Balance and will be credited back to your account only once your position has been squared off. It gets adjusted depending on the profit and loss done.
10. Trade Charges:
- This amount signifies the Provisional Charges including brokerage charged for all executed orders today.
- The amount will get adjusted from your Available for investing and Withdrawal balance at the end of the day after the settlement is done.
We hope the above information helps you in understanding our fund’s page better and also helps you in making informed decisions into your account. Please feel free to reach out to us in case of any queries.